What Goes Into a DynaDome Design
The DynaDome pool enclosures are made of a series of rigid frames (6’ centers) that are inserted into two parallel tracks that are anchored to the pool deck. Frames move mechanically by pulling or pushing along the tracks. Our pool enclosure telescopes 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 of its extended length. Using a floating wheel system, the enclosure can be mounted on a non-level deck as long as the maximum displacement between 6’ distances is no more than 1/2”.
Each gable end has stationary panels above the header and a series of 3’0” x 6’4” or (6’8”) bi-fold panels below the header. When folded, the panels are secured to the column, making the unit free to move. Once opened, they are secured to the deck with locking pins.
Appropriate rigid frame type will be selected for the specific design load requirements. DynaDome pool enclosures are designed to meet IBC 2003 design loading requirements for your area. Every DynaDome pool enclosure is designed for your local requirements by our engineers. You will receive stamped engineering plans that guarantee the structural adequacy of your DynaDome custom pool enclosure.
Materials & Construction Hardware
- Framing Members: Made from high strength aircraft quality aluminum alloys 6061-T6 and 6063-T5. Satin anodized is standard for all framing members.
- End Panels and Doors: Aluminum alloy 6063-T5 is glazed with 3/8” thick double- walled polycarbonate clear sheet.
- Track: Aluminum alloy 6061-T6. Track height is 5/8” with stainless steel runners. Finish is clear anodized. Installed on minimum 4” reinforced concrete deck that is flat and level.
- Rollers: Stainless steel roller bearings require no maintenance.
- Fasteners: All fasteners are stainless steel.
- Glazing: Frames are glazed with 16mm translucent multi-wall polycarbonate sheets.
Standard color is clear; tinted bronze and opaque colors are also available. Optional lexan transparent panels available for side walls.
- Sizes– All enclosures are custom. Any size up to 60’ span depending on location.
- Design Loading– Appropriate rigid frame type will be selected to meet specific design load requirements. Designed to meet applicable building code requirements in terms of snow and wind loads.
- Design– A series of rigid frames (4’ or 6’ centers) are inserted into two parallel tracks, anchored to the pool deck. Frames move mechanically by pulling or pushing along tracks.
Each gable end has stationary panels above the header and a series of 3’ x 6’4” (or 6’8”) bi-fold panels, secured to the column. Once unfolded, they are secured to the deck with shear pins. Each enclosure is designed and manufactured to meet and/or exceed local building code requirements in terms of snow and wind loading.